759 Units

Photo of 127 logo

127 Speed & Power

Constituted 30 April 1942 in the United States Army as Company B, 802d Military Police Battalion. The Company was activated on 20 June 1942 at Camp Livingston, Louisiana. The Unit served in Cairo, Egypt during World War II. They were later re-organized and re-designated as the 127th Military Police Company on 6 September 1945. The unit was inactivated 28 February 1946 at Cairo, Egypt. The unit was again re-activated on 1 August 1966 at Fort Bragg, NC and was then transferred to Vietnam as a Corps level unit on 7 January 1967. Assigned to the Corps tactical zone II, 93rd MP BN, 16th MP Group. Served in the Qui Nhon area until 1971 when it was transferred to Cam Ranh Bay. Inactivated 30 January 1972 in Vietnam. Activated again the 21st of October 1977 in Germany. While in Germany the 127th MP CO fell under the 709th Military Police Company during their deployments to Iraq. The 127th MP Co relocated from Germany to Fort Carson CO, in the summer of 2008 and will formally re-station and be part of the 759th Military Police Battalion on the 24th of November 2008.

Campaign Participation Credit

World War II
  • Egypt
  • Libya
War on Terrorism
  • Iraq OIF II 2004, OIF 06-08
Misc.
  • Vietnam (1967-1972)
  • Bosnia-Herzegovina (1995)
  • Kosovo defense Campaign (1999, 2002)
Decorations
  • Meritorious Unit Commendation, Streamer embroidered VIETNAM 1967-1968
  • Republic of Vietnam Civil Action Honor Medal, First Class, Streamer embroidered VIETNAM 1970-1971
  • Superior Unit Streamer embroidered BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA 1995