759 Units

Photo of 148 logo

148 Wolfpack

The 148th Military Police Detachment was constituted on the 11th of December, 1935, as the 19th Military Police Company, and activated on the 5th of July, 1940, at Camp DeLesseps, Panama Canal Zone. The unit was then deactivated on the 23rd of January, 1942. Later, the unit was redesignated as the 19th Military Police Company on the 29th of January, 1953 and activated at Camp Carson, Colorado on the 3rd of March, 1953. Constituted 22nd of July 1965 in the Regular Army as the 148th Military Police Detachment. Activated on the 1st of September 1965 at Berkeley, California. Inactivated on 15th of October 1968 in Vietnam. The unit was later inactivated on the 15th of October, 1982, at Fort Carson, Colorado. Unit personnel and positions then became a derivative of the Garrison Table of Distribution and formed US Army Garrison Military Police, Company A.

On 16 June 1998, the unit was redesignated as the 148th Military Police Detachment, and began operations as a deployable Military Police Unit. The unit has deployed Military Police Teams to operational missions throughout the continental US, as well as overseas. Presently, the unit conducts Military Police Operations in support of III Corps and FORSCOM contingencies, while simultaneously providing Provost Marshal assets in support of garrison force protection and law enforcement operations on Fort Carson.

Campaign Participation Credit

Vietnam
  • Defense; Counteroffensive; Counteroffensive, Phase II;
  • Counteroffensive, Phase III
  • Tet Counteroffensive
  • Counteroffensive, Phase IV
  • Counteroffensive, Phase V