You’re invited to a Meet and Greet, held every third Friday of the month from 10:30-11:30 a.m. at Grant Library, Bldg. 1528. To register, Click here.
Moving and finding housing can be challenging. Fort Carson and the 4th Infantry Division want to help make your move a smooth one. Below are resources you will find helpful.
If you encounter difficulties as you prepare for your PCS, you can always turn to your unit chain of command for guidance and resource referral. Click here for unit contact information.
Military Installation Hotel Options during PCS
- IHG on Fort Carson: Soldiers can reserve space for up to 10 days. Click here for details and to make reservations.
- Air Force Inns: Soldiers can reserve space for up to five days. Air Force personnel have priority. Select location below for details and to make reservations.
Community Life Officers/NCOs
The Community Life officers and NCOs serve as advocates for service members and Families to help build trust and rapport with residents who reside in Fort Carson Family Housing (FCFH). CLO/NCOs will accompany all privates through staff sergeants when signing for quarters as an advocate for new Families. When residents experience issues, CLO/NCOs will engage with the chain of command to assist on the service member’s behalf. Additionally, they will identify and report security and safety concerns within the community to the housing sergeant major. CLO/NCOs will remain as a separate entity for Residential Community Initiatives (RCI) and Balfour Beatty Community (BBC) partners. Direct questions or concerns with your village CLO/NCO, listed below.
Apache/Cherokee Villages (1SBCT): Sgt. 1st Class Justin Faafiti, email@example.com
Arapahoe Village (4CAB): Sgt. 1st Class Jamie Riddle, firstname.lastname@example.org
Blackfoot Village (71EOD): Staff Sgt. Jose Ramirez, email@example.com
Cheyenne Village (1SPACE): Capt. Lucas McDonald, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chippewa Village (DIVARTY): Staff Sgt. Tiye Mckinnis, email@example.com
Choctaw Village (2SBCT): Sgt. 1st Class Venucito Borja, firstname.lastname@example.org
Comanche Village (MEDDAC): Staff Sgt. Alan Rhea, email@example.com
Dakota Village (759MP): Sgt. Joseph Macdonald, firstname.lastname@example.org
Iroquois Village (10SFG): 1st Sgt. Brian Fosjord, email@example.com
Kiowa Village (4SB): Sgt. 1st Class Ron Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Navajo Village (4ENG): Staff Sgt. Michael Klenk, email@example.com
Pawnee Village (HHBN, 4ID): Sgt. 1st Class Francisco Caroaraujo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shoshoni/Sioux Villages (3ABCT): Sgt. 1st Class Nicholas Sweeny, email@example.com
Ute Village (USAG): Sgt. 1st Class Matthew Tucker, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fort Carson Area Housing
- Single Soldiers (E-5 and below): Single Soldiers E-5 and below report to your gaining unit’s first sergeant regarding a barracks room assignment.
- Certificates of Non-availability (CNAs): Single E1-E5 Soldiers must live in the barracks. CNAs are issued to single pregnant Soldiers, Criminal Investigation Department Soldiers, military police investigators working within the Directorate of Emergency Services and when the installation barracks utilization is greater than 95 percent.
- For more information, call the Directorate of Public Works (DPW) Housing Services Office (HSO) at 719-526-9413.
- Exceptions to Policy (ETPs): If a Soldier is in an unusual circumstance requiring Basic Allowance for Housing authorization, contact the HSO to determine if the circumstance is justifiable. The HSO staff can advise S1 personnel on the required paperwork for the ETP packet. The completed ETP packet is submitted by the unit to the HSO for review. The HSO staff submits all ETP packets directly to the garrison commander. The garrison commander is Fort Carson’s only approving authority. (Link to ETP pdf) For more information, call the DPW at 719-526-9413.
- Privatized Housing (on a military installation): Any Soldier accompanied by Family members can apply for privatized housing on any of the four local installations by submitting an application:
Off-Post Housing Resources
- Colorado Springs Relocation Resources
- Volunteer realtors from the Pikes Peak Association of Realtors (PPAR) are onsite at the Fort Carson Housing Services Office (HSO) for one-on-one assistance, 719-526-2323.
- ACS Homebuyer's Workshop
- Understanding the VA homebuying process
- Homes.mil - A resource for area rentals.
- Army Emergency Relief (AER) can provide information on help with deposits. 719-526-4590
- Market trends - Colorado Springs area housing market trends.
Resources for a Smooth Move
- It's Your Move JPPSO Fact Sheet
- JPPSO Containerized Move Info Sheet
- MilitaryOne Source
- Moving Tips, Colorado Area Information and More
- Relocation Readiness with ACS: Click here for expert moving help at your fingertips.
- Donate Your Good Condition Furniture to the Mountain Post Spouses Club Thrift Shop, 5769 Wallace Street: Click here for details and acceptable items list.
- Working on a degree and not sure how that will fit in to your move? Visit the Fort Carson Education Center.
- Fort Carson Post Office
- Warrior Restaurants (DFACs)
- DMV/El Paso County Clerk and Recorder
Bulky Items/Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Off Post: El Paso County Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Facility, 719-520-7878, 3255 Akers Drive, Colorado Springs. Click here for website.
- On Post: Directorate of Public Works (DPW)
- Hazardous Waste Storage Facility, 719-526-0980
- Recycle Center on Fort Carson, 719-491-0218
Details available on the DPW page under Programs and Services; Items are listed alphabetically.
Understanding your LES
Below is a video explaining how to read an LES.